Today we would like to talk to you about the nutritional value, vitamins and minerals in 100 ml of naturally squeezed orange juice. But we would also like to tell you how long it takes to burn off the calories in 100 ml of orange juice depending on the type of sport you practice.
Nutritional value of 100 ml of natural orange juice.
100 ml of natural orange juice contains:
- 45 calories, 0.2 fat grams and 10.4 carbohydrates grams, of which 8.4 g are sugars.
- 0.7 protein grams, 0.2 food fiber grams and 88.3 water grams.
Vitamins of natural orange juice
Below, we list all the vitamins that natural orange juice holds and its main properties:
- Vitamin A: helps in the formation and maintenance of healthy teeth, soft and bone tissues, mucous membranes and skin.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): helps the body’s cells convert carbohydrates into energy.
- Vitamin B11: It is an amino acid that participates in the vascular circuit by reducing triglyceride levels and blood cholesterol.
- Vitamin B12: helps the formation of red blood cells in the blood and the maintenance of the central nervous system.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): it is important for the growth, development and functioning of the body’s cells.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide): it has anti-inflammatory effects, is a powerful antioxidant and prevents skin aging.
- Vitamin B5: is involved in obtaining energy and in the synthesis of some hormones and fatty essential acids for our biochemical balance.
- Vitamin B6: influences brain development and immune system during pregnancy and childhood.
- Vitamin C: it is needed for the growth and repair of body tissues, acts as an antioxidant and helps the body in the absorption of iron and calcium.
- Vitamin D: helps the body absorb calcium from food and supplements.
- Vitamin E: acts as an antioxidant and thanks to it, the cells interact with each other to fulfill numerous important functions.
- Vitamin K: produces proteins that help blood to clot and helps the body build healthy bones and tissues through proteins.
Minerals in Natural Orange Juice
In addition to all the vitamins mentioned above, 100 ml of natural orange juice contains the following minerals:
- 200 mg of Potassium: elemental mineral in our organism, it performs basic functions such as the regulation of water inside and outside the cells.
- 17 mg of Phosphorus: its main function is the formation of bones and teeth. It is also necessary for the body to produce protein for the growth, conservation and repair of cells and tissues.
- 11 mg of Calcium: contributes to the maintenance of healthy teeth and bones, it is also necessary for blood clotting.
- 11 mg of Magnesium: regulates muscle function, nervous system, blood sugar levels and blood pressure. In addition, it helps to form protein, bone mass and DNA.
- 0.2 mg of Iron: the body uses this to make hemoglobin, a protein that carries oxygen from the lungs, and myoglobin, a protein that provides oxygen to the muscles.
- 0.1 mg of Manganese: it has antioxidant functions, develops bone tissue and regulates sugar levels.
- 0.1 mg of Copper: it is fundamental for the development and maintenance of bones, tendons, connective tissue and the vascular system. It also participates in the formation of hemoglobin.
- 0.1 mg of selenium: contributes to the regulation of the thyroid gland and has an important role in our immune system.
- 0.1 mg of Zinc: helps fight bacteria and viruses that invade the body, also promotes wound healing and normal functioning of the sense of taste and smell.
How to burn the 45 calories of orange juice?
It is very easy, because of the few calories you will ingest in the juice, you will only have to take a 13 minute walk, run 4 minutes, swim 8 minutes or ride a bike 12 minutes. We know that once you start the sport time flies, so you will probably end up burning more than 45 calories, which is excellent news if you are looking to lose weight!
Also, taking into account all the vitamins and minerals that the juice brings to your body, thanks to the intake of orange juice, when you go to do your favorite sport activity you will feel much more energetic. Without any doubt, natural orange juice is your best ally for your day-to-day life and sports activities.