Orange peel has many beneficial properties for our health, so it is time to stop seeing orange peel as a waste. Besides, it is very easy to consume in infusions, in some dishes, jams or even just chewing a piece.
To begin with, we are going to tell you about some health effects caused by the consumption of orange peel. The high amount of vitamin A and C in the orange peel together with the high content of fiber get:
- It helps digestion. Every 100 grams of orange peel has up to 10.6 grams of fiber.
- It helps prevent cholesterol. Antioxidants prevent clogged arteries.
- It improves the appearance of the skin and prevents aging thanks to vitamins A and C.
- It helps strengthen our immune system and fight infection.
- It facilitates weight loss by acting as satiety and facilitating digestion.
- It helps to reduce stomach acidity thanks to its alkaline effect.
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory.
Also, orange peel contains flavonoids that help prevent cancer and chronic diseases.
But that’s not all, as strange as it sounds to you to chew orange peel, this act helps to improve your dental health. Orange peel contains extracts and essential oils that act against bacterial plaque. Besides, thanks to it you will get a fresh and citric breath.
Now that you know the benefits of orange peel and are ready to consume it, we show you some delicious ways to use it.
- Orange peel jam.
- Orange peel infusion.
- Coffee with orange peel.
- Cookies with orange peel.
- Candied orange.
- Vegetable cream with grated orange peel.
- Duck à l’orange.
In conclusion, you can add grated orange peel to almost all your dishes and drinks, it will give you a delicious taste and benefit your health.